Saturday, February 18, 2012

I should have watched Julia do it first...French Crepe...and what I made :)


My son and I love watching cooking shows together. A few days ago we watched "Cooking Mexican", and they were making crepes with some type of yummy caramel sauce over it....mmm.....just delicious.

We decided to make crepes. I pulled out my Julia Child cookbook I recently claimed at an estate sale. Actually, my son went outside to play right when we got started (Nerf gun vs. crepe...the Nerf gun won), so I was on my own.

The first 3 crepes were a bit..creative. The third one looked like it could be a crepe. They were all yummy...with homemade elderberry syrup and joghurt.

Let us watch the expert :)..:



Now, run in the kitchen, get your ingredients, make some yummy crepes :). P.S. We added a little nutmeg & cinnamon to our batter.

Julia Child’s Master Crêpe Recipe

Ingredients:

1 cup flour

2/3 cup cold milk

2/3 cup cold water

3 large eggs

1/4 teaspoon salt

3 tablespoons melted butter, plus more for brushing on pan

Directions:

1) Mix all ingredients until smooth in a blender or with a whisk. Refrigerate.

2) Heat a non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Brush with melted butter.

3) Pour in 2 to 3 tablespoons of batter into the center of the pan and then tilt the pan in all directions to cover the bottom evenly. Cook about 1 minute, or until browned on the bottom. Turn and cook briefly on the other side.

4) Cool on a rack or plate as you finish making the rest. Serve as desired.


Much love,
Heike

No comments:

Post a Comment