Sunday, January 9, 2011

"Simply" delicious bread in pinch!


I make my own bread, and I am spoiled. I hate running out of bread unprepared, as a trip to the bakery always ends with frustration at the high price & mediocre taste of the bread.

I discovered this great little recipe online, tweeked it a bit, and want to share. About 70 minutes from start to in your mouth (if you like it hot!! :)...).

Whole Wheat Oatmeal Bread

2 cups of rolled oats (not quick oats, just natural cut oats)
2 cups of whole wheat flour
2 cups of milk (I use kefir, because I have a lot :)..)
4 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
3 tblsp honey
2 tblsp apple sauce (recipe calls for oil, I use apple sauce)

Preheat oven to 350. Grind oatmeal in mixer so it has a fine consistancy. Mix all ingredients, put in a greased rectangle bread loaf pan, bake for 1 hour.

Voila!!

Kids love it :). Tastes great with cream cheese, jam, honey....mmmm.....

5 comments:

  1. How fun! I'm out of milk, but when I get some, I will be trying it out! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't forget to grease the pan!! :)...

    Let me know how you like it :).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks...I was just saying I was going to try bread. Can't wait! Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just made this bread - it is in the oven. We only eat home made bread and it is fun to have a new recipe. It smells so good. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am happy to see the bread love spreading :). Let me know how it goes!

    ReplyDelete