Thursday, July 1, 2010

Rhubarb & Nutmeg Jam


mmmmmmm,,,,,

From the many jams we made last year after I finally got all my "gear" and figured out how to check a "gel"....I have to say the Rhubarb Nutmeg is the family favorite.

My daughter says it tasess like cola...My son thinks it is candy.

Thanks to my wonderful friend Marie, and her patch of fabulous green rhubarb, I have made a new batch tonight, just as our last glass is dwindling to nothingness.



Here is the recipe I found online last year:

8 cups rhubarb, or 4.5 cups cooked
6.5 cups of sugar (wheeeeeeeeeeeeeee!)
1 package of pectin
1 teaspoon nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon butter

I follow this recipe, except I use "no sugar pectin" and about 1 cup of honey. I grate the nutmeg fresh, and put it in at the end. Warning: we love nutmeg, so the strong aroma is great for us...make sure you don't use more than you can chew.



Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment