I found this recipe on fannetasticfoods originally, but altered it a bit. Here is my version.
I usually get about 8 nice sized muffins out of this.
- 2 C spelt flour
- a good swig of maple syrup
- 1/2 C finely ground flaxseed
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 3 very ripe bananas, mashed
- 3/4 C milk
- 1/2 C plain nonfat Greek yogurt
- Optional add ins: 1/2 C each of: walnuts, sunflower seeds, chopped almonds, chia seeds (which I put in the muffin in the pic)
2. In two large bowls, separately mix dry (flour, sugar, flax, cinnamon, baking powder/soda, salt) and wet (bananas, milk, yogurt, add-ins) ingredients.
3. Add wet ingredients to dry, stirring until mixed.
4. Spoon into a cooking-sprayed or nonstick muffin pan.
5. Bake for 25 to 35 minutes. Time varies every time I make them. Do a sticky test for doneness. These muffins are moist, so do not overbake.
Now spread with a thick slab of butter, and enjoy!