Monday, March 26, 2012

FAST FOOD fish...Almost as quick as twitching my nose...

As I am slowly adjusting my diet to include mainly lean meats & fish (no wheat, NO DIARY!!!! :(...), I am experimenting with different recipes, and will share the ones that are successful.

Criteria to become "successful":
1. It must taste good (gluten free is not my friend yet)
2. It must be quick & easy to make, without many "special" ingredients
3. The rest of my family should like it too, as I am too busy to cook us separate meals.

I happened upon some beautiful Cod filets. Instead of breading them, which is my usual, and knowing that baking/frying cod without anything can make it a bit dull, I tried this:


Preheat oven to 400F degrees.

Rinse 1.5 to 2lb of cod filets, and lay them in a buttered, 9x13 baking dish.

Salt & Pepper

Cover with salsa. You can go mild or spicy, pineapple, chipotle....the possibilities are endless!! I used Roasted Garlic Salsa.

Top with cheese of your choice, I used cheddar...to give it some zing. Left it off on one side for me..

Bake for 15-20 minutes, until fish is opaque.

Serve with rice & salad.

Voila! It really couldn't be much easier :)...like waving a wand.

It smelled so delicious, I could not even get a picture. The family was famished, and got their plates while I was out looking for my camera :)...so please enjoy the picture of the Cod before it becomes filet.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Lovely Heike. Looks super easy! I do not eat fish but people I love very much do. These same people may or may not be somewhat skeptical of my non-vegetable culinary skills. This recipe is just what I need to take care of my fish-eating peeps :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. :)...let me know how it goes! I recommend "spicier" salsa...or pineapple..who can resist pineapple??

    ReplyDelete